Monday, July 12, 2010

Tune into Oprah Today if you HATE Dieting!

Ok I've said it before.... I'm not one of those "I love the gospel of Oprah" kind of person. I seriously watch her show like five times a year tops. But for some reason I get emails from her show everyday. Today I read the subject and immediately set my PVR to record today's show (and I suggest you do the same!)

For all of us diet haters, here's something that just might shake up the way we look at food forever. Women all over have been losing weight (and keeping it off) thanks to New York Times best-selling author Geneen Roth's latest book, Women, Food and God. This book has had a significant effect on Oprah's life. "[It] blows the doors off of my tumultuous relationship with food," she says. "It's a love/hate thing that so many people have experienced."

Geneen says the way many women eat doesn't indicate that they necessarily love food. "When you really like something, you pay attention to it and you take time with it. When you like something, you don't eat standing up, you don't eat it in the car, you don't eat sort of shoving the food in your mouth on the way from the stove to the table," she says. "When you like your body, you also pay attention to that, to when it's had enough."

Sounds interesting to me! I've already set my PVR to record it. I can't wait to see the before and after of many women and to hear more about this amazing book. Hmmm, it's my birthday tomorrow. Maybe I'll add this book to my wish list!

Me Ka Aloha
- Elisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories