Friday, July 16, 2010

Recipe Friday - Black Bean and Veggie Soup

Yesterday was one of those days where I NEEDED to go grocery shopping so bad, but didn't have time to go. Dinner time came and I had no clue what to make. I opened the fridge and noticed a few left over veggies, so I decided to make some soup. I also found a can of black beans and decided to add them to the soup for some added flavor, texture, and fibre. It turned out better than expected and both kids really enjoyed it, especially Joseph. The best part is, it was FAST.

Ingredients (this is what I had on hand, I'm sure other veggies would be great too)

1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 very large carrot, peeled and chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
4 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1/2 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning
splash Extra Virgin Olive oil

Method

In a large sauce pan heath olive oil on medium heat. Add all veggies and spices. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring often. Add chicken stock, black beans and soy sauce. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until veggies are tender, maybe 20 minutes. Puree soup until smooth.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories