Sorry this is late. My internet was having issues. Last night my good friend Adam came over to make us a real Italian dinner (yes, he's Italian). He made us some very yummy meatballs and I ate like 6 of them! They were easier to make than I thought and tasted WAY better than any store bought meatballs.
Here's the recipe...
- 1 pound of ground meat. We used the tri-pack of lean ground beef, ground pork, and ground veal which equals 1 pound total. You can buy this at most fancier grocery stores like Fortinos.
- 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup fresh Romano cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Mix all ingredients with your hands until incorporated. Form into balls of desired size. I like to make them slightly smaller than a golf ball. You can either fry them in oil until cooked, OR simmer them in tomato sauce for 3 hours. Serve with pasta and sauce.
- 3 cans of crushed tomatoes (796 ml)
- 1 small onion
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of minced fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
Put 1 clove of garlic and onions in a large sauce pan on medium heat for 5 minutes string often. Add 2 tablespoons parsley and remainder of the ingredients and warm on medium heat until sauce starts to bubble. Add 1 clove of garlic and 1 tablespoon parsley. Gently add uncooked meatballs and simmer on minimum for 3 hours.
Me Ka Aloha