Friday, June 18, 2010

Recipe Friday - (almost) Sugar Free Banana Bread

I LOVE banana bread a little too much. I've been known to eat half a loaf in just one day, and it takes a lot of restraint to keep myself from devouring the entire thing. The 45 minutes it takes to bake in the oven and the amazing smell that fills the air makes me so hungry that the 3rd degree burns I get from eating it hot are totally worth it (jk, don't try that). I was so happy when I attempted to make banana bread without sugar (aside from the chocolate chips, which are optional) and it turned out GREAT. My husband didn't even notice it was sugar free and my kids loved it too, but who doesn't LOVE banana bread?

(almost) Sugar Free Banana Bread
3 Ripe Bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup skim milk powder
1/2 tablespoon liquid Stevia
1 beaten egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Method
Pre-heat Oven to 350
1. Mash bananas
2. Use electric mixer and mix mashed bananas with butter on med speed for 1 minute
3. Add Stevia, skim milk powder, egg, and vanilla and mix for another minute
4. Add baking soda and salt. Mix 30 seconds
5. Mix in flour until dough forms
6. Stir in chocolate chips (optional)
7. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes

ENJOY!

Me Ka Aloha
- Elisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories