Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Deadline is FAST Approaching!

Remember my promise to post before and after pictures on Joseph's 1st birthday? Well that day is soon and I WILL post some, grudgingly. I haven't met my goal yet and unless something magical happens, like the weight loss fairy coming to grant me my wish, I doubt I'll loose 8 pounds in 2 days :( Sorry to say that I am far from looking like a super model, unless there's a super model out there with a mummy tummy. Oh well, I'm not giving up! Being sick for over 3 weeks this month really set me back and prevented me from being able to work out, but these things happen. One goal that I'm pretty sure I'll be able to achieve is my goal to run in a 5 km race. I signed up for the Moon in June 5 Km and I'll be running it on Saturday. I'm just praying and hoping that I will have the energy and strength to finish the race, injury free. I ran 5.4 km yesterday for the first time in a month and it was rough! At one point during the run I thought I was going to throw up, and then later I felt like I was going to hyperventilate, but the important thing is that I FINISHED it! Saturday's race will be interesting, that's for certain, but at least I'll have my friends with me to keep me motivated. I'm just praying that everything will go well and that I won't embarrass myself since so many people I know will be there. Wish me luck, and throw in some prayers too because I sure need them. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Me Ka Aloha
- Elisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories