Friday, April 2, 2010

Recipe Friday - Banana Pancakes

Happy Good Friday!! Every Good Friday, my church has a pancake breakfast and family hike. There's always a HUGE turnout, kids running around (high on Chocolate Easter Eggs), people lined up for a second or third helping of sausages, the smell of maple syrup, friends and families crowded around tables, toddlers dressed up like bunnies, families hiking with strollers and baby carriers... Ah I love Easter Weekend! I've been looking forward to this church activity for a few weeks now and it's reminded me of one of my daughters favorite breakfast...

BANANA PANCAKES!
1 cup whole wheat flour
8 drops of liquid Stevia or 1 tablespoon of sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
1 cup plain soy milk
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 ripe bananas mashed

Directions
Combine whole wheat flour, Stevia (or sugar), baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, soy milk, canola oil and bananas.

Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy. If the batter is too smooth, the pancakes will be tough.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over med-low heat. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle.
When bubbles rise and break surface, turn over. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides. Serve with sliced bananas and strawberries.

ENJOY!

- Elisabeth

2 comments:

  1. hey elisabeth!! I LOVE this recipe!! I made it yesterday for the fam and it was a HIT!! today I am making it again but in waffle form! I made it to the 'T' except I don't have stevia, or bananas, in the house this week but they turned out amazing!! no more pancake mix for this family! thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you guys liked them. Sometimes (when I'm feeling not so healthy) I warm up some nutella and pour it on the banana pancakes, but that's like more of a dessert thing.

    ReplyDelete

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories