Friday, February 26, 2010

Recipe Friday - Omega Granola


Wow, this week has just flown by! I can't believe it's Friday already and time for another recipe. This is my Mom's recipe (with a few adaptions). I wondered why she hadn't made it in a really long time and she said "it's too addictive, I couldn't stop eating it!" Well, she was absolutely right, it IS ADDICTIVE! Every time I go into the kitchen I grab a handful. Although it is very healthy (packed with omega-3, fiber, protein, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, and vitamin E), it is high in calories so beware if you're on a calorie reduced diet.

1/3 cup flax seeds
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup crushed cashews
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup roasted sunflower seeds
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup raisins
2 cups oats (I use PC organic)
1 cup puffed wheat or rice crispies
1/3 cup organic coconut butter, melted
1/3 cup real maple syrup (or more if you like it sweeter)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Mix everything except the raisins and dried cranberries in a bowl. It should all stick together, if it doesn't, add a few more table spoons of maple syrup. Spread evenly on a non-stick cookie sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes in a 250 F oven. Remove from oven and place in a bowl. Add the raisins and dried cranberries and mix. Store in a air tight container. ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories