Tuesday, February 9, 2010
More benefits of Olive Oil
Last week I posted some of the health benefits of olive oil. As promised, here are some other uses for olive oil.
1. Use instead of baby oil. Smooth some on your newborn's bum after each diaper change and see how easily the poop comes off the next time. This is especially helpful when they have that sticky newborn meconium.
2. Massage a few tablespoons of olive oil onto your scalp and hair, cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes and then wash as usual. You hair will feel like silk!
3. Get Healthy skin by applying it directly as a moisturizer. You can also add a bit of olive oil to a warm bath for a good healthy soak. Don't forget that olive oil contains at least four different antioxidants, which can help neutralize damaging free radicals that can lead to skin aging and skin cancer.
4. Apply to dry cuticles next time you give yourself a manicure or pedicure.
5. Olive oil can also help improve nail discoloration and nail fungus. Just soak nails for 10 minutes so that the oil has a chance to absorb into the nail and the skin behind and around.
6. Sooth a sunburn by applying a small amount of olive oil to the affected area.
7. Olive oil also helps with cradle cap and dandruff. Massage a few tablespoons of olive oil into the scalp before shampooing. The oil will help loosen up the flakes and moisturize the scalp to prevent more flakes from occurring.
8. Rub on your pregnant belly to prevent stretch marks. Can also be used to lighted existing stretch marks.
9. Mix olive oil with a couple drops of lavender oil. It makes a great massage oil (Valentines Day is coming up)
10. Very carefully, use a cotton swab to apply olive oil to the outside ear canal to help with earaches and excess wax.
What have you used olive oil for? I'd love to hear about it!
Me Ka Aloha