Saturday, February 13, 2010

Inspired by the Olympics

Last night I was in awe while watching the opening ceremonies of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic games. The lighting was spectacular, the music was beautiful, and the imagery was captivating. It really reminded me how beautiful Canada really is and how very lucky I am to live in this magnificent country.

Besides all the special effects, one thing a really enjoyed was watching all the athletes enter the stadium. It was fun seeing all the uniforms, especially the Italians, they're so classy! I loved seeing the enthusiasm and pride from the athletes that were from small countries, being the only athlete from their country. Everyone looked so excited and happy to be there. One thing I noticed is how good looking a lot of the athletes are. I kept on catching myself saying "wow that country has a lot of beautiful people." It strange because they weren't all deck out in fancy clothing, with perfect lighting, or airbrushed faces. They were in hats and scarves, winter coats, and boots. They were beautiful because they were in great shape, happy, and beaming with excitement. They all obviously eat healthy and work out constantly and that makes them more beautiful than any amount of make-up or fancy clothing. It truly inspired me to exercise more, eat healthier, and strive to live a happy life. It just proves that being healthy is beautiful, true beauty is natural - not made up, and that the best way to improve your looks is to smile.

I'm so excited to watch the Olympics over the next 2 weeks. GO CANADA!!!

Me ka Aloha
- Elisabeth

P.S. I was so sad to hear of the death of Nodar Kumaritashvili of Georgia. I think the Olympic committee gave a beautiful speech and paid their respects to Nodar and the other Georgian athletes. My prayers are with his family, friends, and fellow athletes.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely watched the Olympics while I ran on the treadmill...definitely gave me some extra motivation to run faster or further to try to keep up with those incredible athletes... ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories