Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Favorite Nutrition Book

My husband knows how much I love learning about nutrition and health, so one Christmas he bought me a few health books. Among those books was The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods by Michael Murray N.D. I absolutely love this book and refer to it on a regular basis. It goes through common foods and list the nutrition highlights and health benefits, as well as tip on selecting, storing, and preparing these foods. I find this book useful if you are looking to nutrition to help cure common ailments from acne to high blood pressure to varicose veins.

Get this book and next time your kid asks why they should eat egg plant, you can turn to page 194 and say "it's an excellent source of fibre, a very good source of vitamin B1 and B6, and potasium, and a good source of copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, niacin, and folic acid. It contains a potent antioxidant shown to protect cell membranes from damage. It also may help lower cholesterol." Your kids will think you're the smartest parent ever!

Me Ka Aloha

-Elisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories