Friday, September 24, 2010

Salsa Breakfast Burrito


Today my husband, kids, and I went on a little road trip to New York (state) to see some church sites and then do a little shopping. On the way there we went to *gasp* McDonald's and got some breakfast sandwiches! I know, I know, terrible right! Those darn breakfast sandwiches are so bad for you with the processed cheese and English muffin. So for today's recipe, I'm going to teach you how to make a healthier breakfast sandwich, I mean burrito.

Ingredients

1 Egg, plus 1 egg white
1 teaspoon skim milk
2 tablespoons salsa
1-2 tablespoons light cheddar cheese, grated
1 whole wheat tortilla
pinch garlic powder
pinch salt and pepper

Method

-in a bowl whisk together egg, egg white, milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cheese.
- in a non-stick frying pan, on medium heat cook egg mixture. Stir constantly until no longer runny. Remove from heat. It should resemble scrambled eggs... well that's exactly what it is, scrambled eggs.
- in a separate non-stick pan, warm tortilla on med heat for about 30 seconds per side (or longer if you want it slightly crispy)
- spread salsa on tortilla and top with scrabbled eggs
- roll up, cut in half and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories