Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hurray! Oil of Oregano Saved the Day!


As I mentioned earlier, my husband was away for two weeks in Ukraine. I was all by my lonesome with two very young kids. Life was hectic indeed as I attempted to grocery shop, shop for an outfit for a wedding, buy the kids shoes, cook, shower, clean, go to church, paint my daughter's bedroom, make a quilt, clean out our pool, and maintain my sanity all at the same time. Oh and, I had no idea what city my husband was staying in (he was touring the country) and since internet access is limited there, I was constantly checking my email for updates from him (that is until my son disconnected the wireless). Yes life was busy busy busy!!

During that time I woke up with a runny nose. It was one of those kinds where you need to carry a box of tissues around with you at all times. I thought to myself "no this can't happen. I can't get sick. I need to take care of my kids and be healthy when Dave returns." I opened my medicine cabinet and saw a cold and flu medicine. I almost took some when I noticed my bottle of oil of oregano. I remembered reading the pamphlet that came with the bottle and it claimed to fix pretty much every problem. So I decided I'd take a does of oil of oregano and see what happens. If nothing happened, then I'd go straight for the cold and flu meds.

WELL.... even though it tasted like crap, IT WORKED! Within minutes I was feeling 100% better and my cold never came back!! Woohoo!!! Later I heard on the John Tesh radio show that the best way to get rid of a cold is to make tea with oregano. Wow, I never knew it would work so well. I'm so happy that I just had to blog about it!

Me Ka Aloha
- Elisabeth

P.S. This advice should not be taken over that of a doctor or medical professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories