Sorry for posting this mid-day instead of right at midnight like I usually do. I totally forgot that today is Friday. Here's a super cute recipe that a woman at church showed me. It's a great way to get your kids to eat whole wheat bread, or, if they're like my kids and eat whole wheat all the time, this is just cute and fun.
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread
- 1 slice of white bread
- whatever you want to put in your sandwich, like PB and Jam, Egg Salad, Ham and Cheese, whatever you want!
- Make your sandwich like usual using brown bread on one side and white bread on the other.
- Cut you sandwich into 3 sections across
- The cut into 3 section in the other direction (you should have 9 equal pieces now)
- Now here's where the MAGIC happens... flip every other piece over so that every other side up is whole wheat. Check out the picture below if you don't understand.
Cute eh? Enjoy!