Friday, January 29, 2010

Recipe Friday - Pesto


If I could know just one of my Mother's recipe's, THIS would be it. It's a favorite in my house growing up, and everyone I've ever made it for asks me how to make it. My brother was a really picky eater growing up... I mean REALLY picky, like gag and nearly throwing up at the sight of a carrot, but his absolute favorite meal was this...

Pesto

2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup of freshly grated romano cheese. It MUST be freshly grated or else it won't turn out
1 bunch of fresh basil. I buy the pack from President's choice

In a blender combine, cheese, olive oil, canola oil, basil leaves (not stems), and garlic. Puree until smooth, adding extra oil if it seems too thick. About 2 minutes

Serve over whole wheat pasta.

THAT'S IT!!! IT'S THAT EASY!!!

Me Ka Aloha!

- Elisabeth

6 comments:

  1. hi elisabeth! we don't know each other, and i'm not sure if dave has ever mentioned me - but i am a friend of his from way back. i just came across your blog ... and i LOVE it!!! i love that you are sharing such fantastic recipes!! and I too share the same passion about breastfeeding. i loved ever minute. sad its over for me. i have 3 kids, 5 3 and 1.and i miss it. anyhow, keep those great recipes coming! if i wasn't as sick as a dog today i'd probably try one out!!! take care! naomi (gould) williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naomi
    WELCOME! I'm glad you like my blog! I just started it and I don't really know much about blogging, so bare with me. I was just wondering how you came across my blog? Any way, let me know if you try any of the recipes and what you think. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elisabeth! I know Holly Glanfield, and Dave commented on one of her posts which led me to yours! :) (Don't worry! I'm not a crazy stalker! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not worried LOL. I'm just glad people are visiting my blog and wondered how you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elisabeth,

    I have some pesto made of the basil from my garden. I was looking for a cool recipe and find your blog. I liked the Pesto Pasta Salad. Actually, your blog is very nice! I will follow it if don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mylena,
    glad you found my blog and glad you like it. This pesto recipe is SOOO good! Just make sure you use freshly grated romano cheese.

    ReplyDelete

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories