Friday, January 15, 2010

Recipe Friday Cauliflower Casserole


The first time I had a cauliflower casserole was when my sister-in-law made it for a Mother's Day dinner. It was really, really good so I asked for the recipe. When I saw the list of ingredients I was shocked! Can it really be full of all that FAT? Suddenly I was determined to make my own version -something with all the flavor, but half the fat. Here it is.

Cauliflower Casserole

1 head of cauliflower, washed and cut into bite size pieces
1 can of Campbells Healthy Request Cream of Broccoli Soup
1 tablespoon of melted butter
1/3 cup light cheddar cheese, grated
2 tablespoons fat-free miracle whip
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1 teaspoon mild curry powder
salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place cauliflower in steamer over boiling water; cover and steam for 5 minutes only.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium sized casserole dish mix butter, cheese, can of soup, miracle whip, mustard powder, curry powder, salt and pepper.
4. Add the cauliflower to the sauce mixture and toss until the cauliflower is well coated.
5. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is golden and tender.
6. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!
-Elisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories