Friday, May 14, 2010

Recipe Friday - Fruity Smoothie


I know, I know.... what's with the lack of posts this week? Well, my darn computer still has a virus and I can only use Dave's laptop when he's done work for the day (is he ever really done work?) AND I've been terribly sick. I've had the nastiest of colds since Saturday and I swear it's just getting worse. I haven't been able to breath through my nose all week. Probably the only bonus to not being able to smell is that I can't smell my kids poopie diapers when I change them LOL.

*runs to the bathroom* Oh man... I'm so sick right now. I just coughed so hard I threw up (well there's one way to lose weight - joking!) Be thankful you do not have this cold. It has totally ruined my week :(

Well, on that note, here's this week's recipe. I really like this one when I'm sick because it's so packed full of vitamin C and easy to digest. The smoothie is also soothing for my sore throat. You can adapt this recipe however you want, add more juice, or more ice depending on how thick you like it. My family likes it thicker, like the consistency of a slushy.

Fruity Smoothie

1 1/2 cup orange juice
6 ice cubes
1 cup (or more) mixed frozen fruit (I like the mix with peaches, strawberries, pineapple, grapes, mango, and melon)
1 banana

Throw everything in the blender. Blend until smooth.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories