Friday, May 28, 2010

Blueberry Orange Popsicles

I'm sure you've all noticed how freakin' hot it's been all week (I think we've had record highs and I love it!) and unfortunately our pool isn't open yet (if you could see me now, you' see my sad face). We're having problems with the plumbing and might need to dig it all up and repair it, which will take a while. Just ask Dave how he feels about having a pool and he'll gladly tell you how much he despises it, more than he despises car alarms (he really hates car alarms). So, without a pool to cool off in, my family has been searching for other ways. The best, most delicious way? Blueberry Orange Popsicles! My kids love Astro Smooth and Fruity Blueberry yogurt, like really, we go through a couple tubs a week, so I thought it would be fun to freeze it. Blueberries are full of antioxidants and vitamins, orange juice is full of vitamin C, and yogurt has calcium. It's the perfect, fun way to enjoy a healthy frozen treat!

Directions

1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup of orange juice - make the frozen concentrate kind with 2 cans of water instead of 3
1 cup of Astro Smooth and Fruity yogurt

Throw everything in a blender until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for 3 + hours.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories