Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Plan

Hey everyone! Ok so I said in an earlier post that I'm going to loose the baby weight by December 1st. I figure that's a reasonable amount of time to loose 40 pounds.

So what's my weight loss plan? Well.... I don't really have a set out plan. Normally I would never recommend NOT having a plan but let me explain.

I'm a mother of 3 children ages 3 and under. My youngest is 2 months and always needs to be picked up and doesn't nap for very long, then I have a 2 year old (who is such a handful these days) and a 3 and a half year old who starts school in a few weeks and I've been trying to get her ready. I just can't commit myself to an intense workout schedule because I honestly don't have the time. After I had my second baby, he would sleep in until 9 am (and so would my oldest). I would get up at 8am, workout, and get in the shower all before they woke up. Unfortunately my kids wake up a lot earlier now. The baby is usually up at 5 am and fusses and nurses on and off until 7:30-8:00 am. My other 2 kids are usually up at 7:30 or 8:00 am. The only way I would be able to workout before they got up would be to start at 4:00 am, something I'm just not willing to do. My husband is also maxed out with work and other responsibilities so he's not available to watch the kids while I workout either. For now, my workout goal is to run 3 times a week, after the kids go to bed around 9 pm.

My diet plan is pretty vague too. I'm breastfeeding and I have to be careful not to cut out too much. I would normally set out a strict diet plan and stick to it, but again, with the craziness of my life and the fact that I'm breastfeeding makes it pretty hard to stay on a diet. I'm cutting out junk food so that means no cookies, brownies, chips, chocolate, ice cream, hot dogs, pizza, etc. I'm eating smaller portions and eating more fruit and vegetables. I think eating smaller portions is key in my weight loss... oh and drinking a lot of water.

So there you have it, my "plan". I know it would be more exciting to read that I'm only eating egg whites or that I'm lifting a million pounds during my workouts.... maybe in a few years.

I'll give you all an update in a week or so and let you know if I'm loosing any weight. If not, I'll have to step it up somehow.

Me Ka Aloha (with love)
- Elisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories